Thursday, December 9, 2010

Jan, Aunt Verna & Geneaology

Jan and I went to visit Aunt Verna who lives in Holladay with her daughter Debbie and son Jeff. Jeff was there and we talked for several hours. Aunt Verna is still sharp and told some stories about Olsen ancestors.
 
I took a photo of her pictures of Ane Jensen and Jens O Pedersen (Petersen) who came across on the Willie Handcart company with their 6 children (all under the ages of 12) in 1856. They all survived the ordeal. I have run into several people who are decended from people on the Willie and Handcart companies. Tami Phillips gave me a book to read about the Willie and Martin Handcart companies called the Price we paid by Andrew D. Olsen.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi there.. not sure if you are still looking at this site or not.. but just wanted to post on here to tell you that I am a descendant of Jens O' Petersen as well. My great grandfather was Moses simpson who married one of his daughters in utah.

    daransimpson@shaw.ca is my email address. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete